tirsdag 25. november 2014

Can terrorism ever be justified?
Before I start to discuss terrorism, I should define it: terrorism is the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
Some people would say that as long as you are doing it for a good cause it does not matter what you do. I disagree. For example, if I would want something, and you were in my way, is it fair that I terrorise you? You, an innocent person, who lives a very different life, who might have a family, should die so I get what I want. That is not fair.
How can you justify terrorism? How can you say that it is okay to murder people because you want to send a message? Some organizations bomb places or murder innocent people because the country they live in is in turmoil and they blame others, like USA. USA have been involved in many wars on foreign soil, and the terrorist thinks that it is fair to murder civilian because of American involvement. The call it holy war, Jihad, and justify terror by saying it is the will of god. I strongly disagree.
The organization called IS, they are beheading good people who try to help the poor and innocent people in Syria. Last month the IS beheaded a journalist named James Foley. The only reason they murdered him was that he was American and they wanted to send a message to USA, so they would stop fighting against them.
I feel so sorry for the people who feel like they have to murder people to get what they want. I cannot possible imagine what went wrong when those human beings grew up. How can a man take someone else life and when did he decide to play god whit others life? Every man and woman on this earth should be allowed to live a full life, and some terrorist should not take that away from him or her.

My question to you is; how can you achieve peace when you terrorise and murder innocent people? Is it not much better to communicate with each other? 

2 kommentarer:

  1. Content: Good, you ask many important questions, and you also refer to actual incidents to support your arguments.
    Grammar
    Always the in front of the USA
    Second last line third paragraph: The They call it holy war… of God
    Fourth paragraph line 1: The organization called IS behead good people…
    Line 2: Last month the IS
    Fifth paragraph line 2: I cannot possible possibly imagine
    Line 4: else’s life, and … to play God with other people’s lives?

    SvarSlett
  2. I can see that the erase line doesn't work when copying text from Word. Thus, I'll print out my comments and bring them to class.

    SvarSlett